All placements need to be organised well in advance.
- You must of attended a briefing session to apply on this database
- When you apply for a placement ensure that you meet the criteria specified by the employer before you apply.
- When submitting an application you must be committed to attend the placement on the dates shown.
- Failure to attend a placement without notifying the department in advance, regardless of your reasons, will result in you not being offered any further placements through our system.
- If there is a problem while you are out on a work placement you must contact us while you are there so we can try and sort it out - please do not just leave.
All full-time work experience/internship/placements need to be taken in vacation time.
All full-time work experience/internship/placements need to be taken in vacation time. You can work part-time in term time but no more than 16 hours, depending on what hours are free on your timetable. The journalism timetables are really demanding so please do not take too much on, you must work around your timetables and cannot miss any classes or hand in deadlines.
We do not adjust assessment dates or offer extensions for work experience/placements.You should also be available in the exam periods, there may be exams and assessments in this time period and the University regulations state that students should be available in Sheffield.
Semester Dates 2018/19 can be found here https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/about/dates/2018-19 Exam Dates are here: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/ssid/exams/exdates The 2019 exam resit period is 5th to 23rd August 2019.