As an employee, your health and safety whilst at work is the responsibility of your employer under the 1974 Health and Safety at work Act.
- All students need to be aware of their own health & safety while they are out on a work placement
- If you are using your own motor vehicle, make sure your car insurance covers work related travel
- If there are any Health & Safety issues while you are out on work placement, you must....
- let your supervisor know immediately
- email the department firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our reception 9am to 5pm 0114 2222500
- If you are travelling abroad for a work placement travel insurance can be arranged through the university http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/studyabroad/sheffield/accepted/travel
- If you need to contact someone urgently while you are out on your work placement http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/ssid/contacts/emergency
- Please remember anything you blog or write on twitter or facebook will be seen by your placement provider and can be accessed by our department. Social media is NOT private
If you arrange your own work placement, ask your placement provider to complete the PP H&S form attached.
Always complete the induction form on your first day, and return to email@example.com